5th May 2022
Business Development Executive
International Sales Manager
General Purpose Of Position:
Reporting to the International Sales Manager, the primary goal is to develop and maximise NEW business opportunities for both Imports and Exports, with customers and overseas partners to achieve / exceed sales budgets. This includes requests and follow up on any potential new business opportunities and creating awareness of the company’s product and capabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting International Sales Manager
- Assist in prospecting for business opportunities
- Proactively develop opportunities from customers, networks and agents
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete quotations and supply best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Source buy rates where required and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all Quotations and costs are loaded onto computer system either by EDI or manually, checking for accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining rate matrices liaising closely with the Pricing Manager to enable fast and accurate turnaround of quotations.
- Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Be aware of company product, services, key selling points and general market knowledge.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key partners/agents, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Deliver new sales opportunities with overseas partners and agency networks in line with Strategic Sales campaigns and promotions.
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with ISM to develop and maximise all new business sales opportunities.
- Join (ISM) on customer visits to assist in retaining or securing new accounts, when required.
- Maintain all records within company systems, with focus on sharing pertinent information with management and colleagues.
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators set. These should be reviewed weekly and summarised monthly along with action plans for improvement for the following month, as appropriate.
- Focus on campaigns around commodities, agents, networks, territories or market sectors with expected outcomes and results to be detailed to ISM
- Propose events and activities to enhance APGL’s connection with potential target customers and markets. Attend events, as appropriate and agreed.
- Ensure financial targets are met or exceeded. At the same time ensure that all appropriate financial controls are in place to comply with financial and regulatory requirements.
- Complete weekly & month end routines as directed by your line manager.
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Any other duties as required by management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the APGL profile
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Able to promote the APGL corporate culture
- Computer literate
Salary, Package & Benefits