China Update – Post Chinese New Year
With Chinese New Year now behind them, export production is back underway in China, which will continue to build until the peak season later in the year.
The public holiday was thought to be a potential circuit breaker to all the problems that were being experienced previously with port congestions and Covid.
To some extent that has been successful, as we highlight in the port update below.
- Both Qingdao and Tianjin are operating relatively normally now.
- Shanghai and Ningbo have improved but are still having some issues with congestion.
- All Northern ports are struggling with a severe shortage of equipment, which has led to a significant difference in rates compared to Southern ports.
- Guangzhou, Shekou and Yantian are operating relatively normally now.
- Hong Kong and Shenzhen are operating normally but still struggling with some Covid issues.
Equipment issues continue throughout Asia and heavy weight containers are becoming increasingly difficult to accommodate.
The Atlantic Pacific team will be monitoring the situation closely. Should you require further information, then please do not hesitate to contact us.