22nd October 2021
Airfreight Customer Services
Airfreight Trade Manager
General Purpose Of Position:
Reporting to the Airfreight Trade Manager, the primary goal is providing excellent customer service to our customers and overseas partners. This includes requests and follow up on any potential business opportunities received from them and or new opportunities provided via our commercial team. Managing and processing Import and Export jobs from quotation to delivery, in line with the customer service charter, including costing and invoicing and completing all HMRC Customs Clearance requirements for our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Prioritise your workflow to ensure all aspects of work are carried out in a timely manner.
Work closely with your colleagues to ensure we maintain the highest possible operational performance and customer service.
Develop constructive relationships with key customers and suppliers assisting in resolving any concerns and implementing any corrective action.
Maintain effective communication and relationships with our overseas partners.
- Ensure all consignments are loaded onto our system prior to arrival/departure either manually or via EDI checking accuracy of paperwork and information provided.
- All pre alert documentation must be forwarded to overseas partners prior to or on the same day of export.
- Ensure we have all the relevant information and instructions from customers to complete custom clearance on both imports and exports to allow delivery or release of cargo.
- Provide Transport Companies with all the relevant information to ensure customer delivery/collection requirements are met.
- Ensure all files are costed and invoiced prior to export, delivery or release.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to ensure all customer spreadsheets and special instructions are followed.
- Identify and provide early warning to your direct line manager, on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines. If not available, escalate up the line and / or inform the sales manager shown on the account. [not 100% sure what the procedure should be but it is important the person looking after the account is aware before the client contacts them]
- Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management.
- Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
- Ensure the Customer charter is followed at all times.
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Any other duties as required by management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the APGL profile
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Able to promote the APGL corporate culture
- Computer literate
Salary, Package & Benefits