10th June 2022
Customer Services Coordinator
Customer Services Manager
General Purpose Of Position:
To be responsible for producing high quality customer service to all our customers, overseas partners and suppliers.
Manage your time to ensure that priorities and targets set are achieved.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, direct and control all activities on a day to day basis.
- Ensure all Consignments are loaded onto computer system prior to arrival / departure either by EDI or manually, checking paperwork for accuracy.
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and invoiced prior to export, delivery or release.
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete customs clearance, deliver or release of cargo.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully informed of any holds, exams or other areas which may cause delay to a shipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that all outstanding monies are collected prior to release/delivery of goods with overall responsibility in the collection of outstanding D/V including updating records.
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key suppliers, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Maintain effective communication and relationships with overseas offices and partners.
- Identify and provide early warning to the manager of the relevant department, on any issues and problems that could have an adverse effect on deadlines.
- Liaise where appropriate with other departments to resolve any conflicting issues raised by customers and/or figures.
- Take ownership of all accounting issues and queries as and when directed by management
- Assist with insurance claims in line with company procedures as and when requested by management.
- Monitor incoming mail and highlight potential problem areas to relevant staff, delegating as appropriate, advising management as and when necessary.
- Complete month end routines as directed by manager.
- Action other ad hoc duties as requested by manager.
- Promote and maintain image, procedures and standards as set and with management
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Any other duties as requested by management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Able to promote the APGL corporate culture
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Computer literate
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance our profile
- Possess team player qualities
- Possess good leadership skills
- Able to plan ahead
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
Salary, Package & Benefits
Interested in joining a friendly, dynamic team within a continually growing independent freight forwarder?
Email email@example.com and attach your CV.
Or Tel 01268 582777 for a private conversation in the strictest confidence.