13th May 2022
Internal Sales Support
Internal Sales Team Leader
General Purpose Of Position:
Reporting to the Internal sales team leader, the primary goal is to assist in day to day quotes, assist any BDM enquiries and call existing/dropped off/new clients. To Focus on developing Ocean & Airfreight opportunities, this includes requests and follow up on any potential new business opportunities and creating awareness of the company’s product and capabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prospecting for business opportunities and support BDM’s and other staff members.
- Proactively develop opportunities from customers, networks and agents.
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete quotations and supply best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Source buy rates where required and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all Quotations and costs are loaded onto computer system either by EDI or manually, checking for accuracy.
- Ensure all Quotations are responded to and actioned within a timely manner.
- Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Be aware of company product, services, key selling points and general market knowledge.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key partners/agents, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Deliver new sales opportunities with overseas partners and agency networks in line with Strategic Sales campaigns and promotions.
- Maintain all records within company systems, with focus on sharing pertinent information with management and colleagues.
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators set. These should be reviewed weekly and summarised monthly along with action plans for improvement for the following month, as appropriate.
- Propose events and activities to enhance APGL’s connection with potential target customers and markets. Attend events, as appropriate and agreed.
- Complete weekly & month end routines as directed by your line manager.
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Any other duties as required by management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 2+ year’s experience within the industry preferable, but not essential
- Preferably multi-modal experience (Air,Sea,Road) but not essential
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Computer literate
Salary, Package & Benefits
Excellent Package Negotiable.